Please read this page before you submit your paper. The link to the submission platform is at the bottom of this page.
Economists and professionals working in related fields are invited to submit theoretical and applied papers in all areas of economics for presentation at the Congress.
- Each author may submit 1 paper to the EEA sessions and 1 paper to the ES sessions.
- The same paper CANNOT be submitted to both the EEA and the ES sessions. The programme committees will remove the paper from one of the associations without consultation with the submitter.
- The programme committees CANNOT accept submissions of papers presented in any previous in-person EEA-ESEM congresses.
- During the submission process, at least 1 co-author must be a member of the association to which the paper is being submitted, or join that association before submitting. There will be membership checks during submission so please have your membership email and password ready. If your co-author is a member then please ask him / her to make the submission (the name of presenter can then be changed at a later date). Papers submitted by people who are not members of the relative associations will be withdrawn. Furthermore, EEA members are reminded that they can only submit 1 paper to the EEA annual congress per membership so if a member submitted a paper to the EEA 2023, they will be contacted by the EEA Congress Coordinator and asked to renew membership. If membership is not renewed, the paper will be withdrawn.
- All presenters at EEA-ESEM 2024 must be a member of the association in which the paper is being presented (therefore all EEA session presenters must be members of the EEA and all ES presenters must be members of the ES).
- On acceptance of the paper, presenters can present only 1 paper in the EEA sessions and only 1 paper in the ES sessions.
- Accepted papers will only be included in the final programme if presenting authors have registered by May 15, 2024.
- Only full papers will be evaluated. We do not accept abstracts.
- You will not receive an email confirming your submission. You can check its status by clicking on My Submissions in your log in area. If you do not see any information, it means that your paper submission was not successfully uploaded so please try again.
- All accepted papers will be made public when the final programme is published. You will be able to opt-out of making your paper public on the submission form.
- For presenters in both EEA & ESEM session - if there are clashes in the scheduling of your sessions, you will have to either get a co-author to present, or move within the respective sessions to take your paper to beginning and end, so they could present in both.
Submitting Full Sessions
The EEA and the ES allow submitters to submit full sessions. Before you can submit a session, you must first ensure that each paper in your proposed session has already been submitted individually, and thus has a paper ID number. Full information on this can be found under "Submit a Session" when you are logged in to your Congress Creator profile. Submitting a full session does not guarantee that all papers in a session will be accepted. If a session is not accepted in full, the Programme Chairs reserve the right to reassign papers. Information on submitting full sessions can be found on the dashboard when you submit a paper.
Note: All papers submitted in sessions must be submitted to the same association. There can be no mix of papers submitted to EEA and ESEM.
If you have any queries about the scientific sessions, please address the programme chairs:
EEA Programme Chairs - email@example.com
ESEM Programme Chairs - firstname.lastname@example.org
All other concerns should also be addressed to email@example.com
NOTE: If you have a Congress Creator profile already, please use the log in under that account. Under SUBMIT A PAPER, please choose button EEA 2024 to submit your paper to EEA and ESEM 2024 to submit to ES